Abu Dhabi, 22nd February, 2016:– Al Yah Satellite Communications Company PrJSC (Yahsat), recognised its international service partners at the annual YahClick Awards Gala Dinner. Held in Abu Dhabi, 34 service partners who support the delivery of the company’s satellite broadband internet service, YahClick, in the Middle East, Africa, Central and South West Asia, gathered to review performance of the past year and discuss growth plans for 2016.
During the evening, Yahsat spotlighted a total of six partners across seven award categories for their service excellence and efforts to provide reliable and wide-reaching satellite services in their respective geographies. Service partners awarded include:
- ‘YahClick Service Partner of the Year’ was presented to VOX Telecom (South Africa) for their commitment and dedication in supporting and driving the YahClick business
- ‘Operational Excellence’ award was presented to Neda Telecommunications (Afghanistan) for the second year running, for maintaining their exceptional operating record over a number of years despite the difficulties of working in dangerous and remote areas
- ‘Innovation’ was presented to SkyStream (UAE) for providing inventive solutions to the maritime and construction industries
- ‘Marketing Excellence’ award was given to VOX Telecom (South Africa) for driving a strong brand presence in their market
- ‘Community Effort’ was given to two service partners: TruIT (Uganda) for their continued support and humanitarian efforts to aid refugee camps and child development centres; and Clicksat (Pakistan) for their determination to fight poverty through education in rural and remote areas
- ‘Subscriber Retention’ award went to TruIT (Uganda)
- ‘Subscriber Growth’ awarded to TeleYemen in acknowledgement of significant growth of their subscriber base despite a harsh operating environment
Commenting on the annual award ceremony Yahsat’s Chief Commercial Officer, David Murphy, said: “Despite the wider economic challenges, YahClick has still been able to expand its business throughout 2015 – a feat made possible thanks to the quality and dedication of our international service partners.”
“I would like to express my gratitude to all of our service partners for their tremendous efforts throughout the past year. We look forward to continue building on our relationships as we enter the next phase of growth.”
Award nominations were sought from within Yahsat and were carefully reviewed by an evaluation committee for the final selection.
At the close of the event, the CEO confirmed that Yahsat’s third satellite, Al Yah 3 is on track for service launch in early 2017. Al Yah 3, operating with Ka-band technology, will provide broadband internet services in 18 new markets in Africa and for the first time, Brazil.